Bisous

Adventure updates, photos (mostly of food and bicycles), and amusing stories (at least I think so).

22 December 2008

Joyeux Noel to all from the sprawling Hampster Cage that is Charles de Gaulle Airport. For some reason, my friend Lisa from Arizona who is coming to visit me for the holidays, got routed through Midwest Winter Wonderland (ie: Detroit). Her plane is indefinitely delayed, so here I sit listening to repeating announcements about unattended luggage getting exploded, getting sniffed by the occasional customs dog accompanied by armed customs agent, and watching frazzled travelers gripe at their even more frazzled children. I'm secretly waiting for John Candy and his polka band to show up and offer me a spot on their private Atlantic Barge (because that's the oceanic equivalent of an unheated van, right??)

Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Kirkpatrick, Mrs. Mary Elizabet Kirkpatrick is kindly invited to got sit the visitor desk gate 3. Mrs. Mary Elizabth Kirkpatrick.

(This lady is apparently no where to be found).

Anyhow, I think I have about 3.4 minutes left on this internet connection. What I really want to say is Merry Christmas to you all! And Happy New Year! Though I do so wish I could be hugging you all in person, I am happy to get the chance to spend Christmas in France. (aaah, getting passed by fatigued soldiers with automatic weapons!! jeeze Louise, France). Hopefully Lisa will be here soon, so we can head off downtown to see all of the fabulous lights lining the Champs Elyesee and of course the twinkling Eiffel Tower. We'll be spending Christmas day in Nantes, and I've successfully gathered all of the people I could find who would have otherwise been alone for Christmas and having them over on the 25th. Then on the 26th we'll be going to my host family's house on the beach for a full day of festive French family fun.

I hope you all cherish being where you are and with whom you are.

Very Merriest,

Brianne

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Brianne, I thought of you when I saw this trailer for _The Class_.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/theclass/

Have you seen it?

Happy 2009!
Susanna

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home