Bisous

Adventure updates, photos (mostly of food and bicycles), and amusing stories (at least I think so).

27 September 2008

So, Lauren and I aren't living in a closet this year!!

We've been searching full-time for an apartment for two weeks, and we finally got lucky.  Here are the photos we took today after signing the papers.  The best part of all is our address:

3, rue du 3eme Dragons
44000 Nantes
FRANCE


Yes, that is 3 Street of the 3rd Dragon.  It's so fun to write...  You should try it on an envelope.



Me in front of the deliciously green door to our building.



Our apartment is on the second floor (first floor in France because they don't begin counting until after the ground floor).  This is the door to the apartment that opens into the stairway.



Basically what you see coming into the apartment.  The grey tile is the entryway, the blue is the bathroom and the wood is the living room / kitchen.


A very excited me in our kitchen!  The landlord is going to install an oven, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator next week.  In France, this type of kitchen is called cuisine a l'americaine...it opens into the living room.



Corner of the living room (the kitchen is behind me).  The open door goes into my room, the other into the tiled entry way.





My room!  Wood floors and a great view of the neighbor's garden :)





Cute little blue-tiled bathroom




Lauren's room



What, these 12 keys for our little apartment??

5 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

Do you think there's room for all of us?
Priscilla, Jack, Julie, Mimi...
I'm drooling on my computer screen (for a door that green!).

Priscilla

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the couch make a bed? Air mattress for the floor? Just the floor with a pillow? I want to be there Now! Just a darling place and I love the green door and the wood floors the view from your bedroom.

Please let me be the first to offer to come stay and cook for you and Lauren. You work, play and shop and come home to a home-cooked dinner a la Grama Ginger :)

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :)

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a song from the Fifties or early Sixties that sings "What's behind the green door?" Now we know. It's Brianne and Lauren.

Glad you're not only feeling at home, but are at home, in Nantes.

By the way, that should be “Holy Cheeses, Batman!” (again from the Sixties), not just “Holy Cheeses”.

Love,

Papa John

8:48 PM  
Blogger paxton said...

That. is. beautiful. I, like so many people who've already commented, am jealous of that bright green door. Think hope would be pissed if I painted the door to Columbia 4 that green?

Maybe I don't care.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only thing that made this retroactive read better that it already could be was the complementary "what, these old..." at the end.

missing you more than martie's powerstrip,

-chris sikkema

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home